Monday, January 3, 2011

Gideon!

I don't know what else to title this post.  I know I haven't had much new hair inspiration to post about during the holidays, and todays post has NOTHING to do with hair.  In fact, kind of funny, my little friend Gideon doesn't really even have hair right now.  But he did once.  Adorable little three year old boy curls, in fact!  Sadly though, Gideon is undergoing chemo treatments to fight leukemia and he has now lost his precious curls.  The good news is, they will be back some day!  Because Gideon is a fighter, and his story is SO inspiring.



I have never given blood before.  Not for any particular reason, just haven't.  I am not afraid of needles, and I don't feel particularly attached to my blood that I have a reason to not share it with others.  Ever since hearing about how important Gideon's blood transfusions are, I have been wanting to go give blood.  But still, I haven't.  Life is busy, right?  I don't even know where to go?  Well, Gideon's AMAZING mom, and also, fantastic blogger, posted this video today to remind us all to go give blood.

PLEASE watch it!  You will surly be touched by his story.  And to read more about Gideon, check out his mom's blog.  You won't be sorry.



I have found in recent months that one of the key things to contentment in life is to be Thankful in ALL Circumstances.  It is part of my New Years Resolution, to not forget this.  I am well on my way.  Ever since Gideon's diagnosis last June I have been reading his mom's blog a few times a week.  The way they have tackled Leukemia head on has been truly inspiring, but it has also been a big reminder for me.  No matter what is going on in my life, there is someone out there going through something worse, harder, more painful. And Gideon's family is going through one of the most excruciating things I can imagine, but with so much Grace.  If they can do that in the face of cancer, than I can do it in the face of my trials and tribulations!  I know God is by my side and he will take all things in my life, the good, the bad and the ugly and turn them into beauty!

Thank you Amanda!  You and Gideon and Brody and Tom truly ARE a God sent inspiration for my life.  And I WILL be going to donate blood soon.  I mean it.  Ask me next week :)


Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments, so please share your thoughts with us! We do moderate all comments on this blog, so you might need to wait a few hours or a day to see your comment show up! We also have disallowed anonymous comments. We are just getting way too much spam.

Popular Posts