Saturday, October 16, 2010

C-R-A-Z-Y Hair Day!


I know I keep saying this, but life has been so hurry, hurry, hurry around here lately that I have now missed a few good photo opportunities.  So you will have to forgive the gaps in this post, but do read on, because I did get pics of some of it!!!

It was C-R-A-Z-Y Hair Day at the kids school yesterday, as you might have guessed from the title of this post and that CRAZY looking girl in the picture!  As you know, V currently has yarn braids, so there was really only so much I could do with her hair.  I started by taking the twisty bangs she had and cornrowing them from the sides up to the middle.  When they both reached the middle I braided them together and added beads.  V actually thinks this is a good style and doesn't want me to take that part out!


Then I took the Criss Cross Cornrows from the top (they were all together in a half ponytail) and I split them into pigtails and looped them through some hair things.


Then with all of the hanging box braids in the back I made two arched cornrows.  Which looked super crazy because the ends with the beads were sticking out of the cornrows all over the place.


The End Result:  In BACK


In FRONT

A little later I was thinking that adding a bunch of different colored sidewinders might spice it up a bit more and I thought it would help make the loopy braids on top stick up more.  It did make the style look even busier, but didn't have quite the effect I was looking for.  But all in all V was pleased.


V's style was nuts and all over the place, but I really liked my idea for B even better.  But guess what?  NO PICS!  SORRY!!!!!!

Maybe you can visualize it....  I put 6 large cornrows from the nape of her neck to her forehead.  In the front where the tail ends of the braids were hanging down across her face I made bantu knots, which I secured with different brightly colored terry cloth hair ties.  I thought it was clever.  I will have to recreate it some day and take pics for you.  

On a separate note:

I am going to do a really proud mom bragging moment.  My oh so talented son, Young Man C had an amazing soccer game last night!  His middle school soccer team went totally undefeated this whole season and they were in the championship game last night.  It was super intense and I was crazy nervous the whole game.  C had an awesome goal and then scored on a penalty kick for a 3-1 win!!!!!!!!  It was super exciting!  (Also, his club soccer team is currently undefeated this season!)  Excuse me for a moment while I brag!  I took a few pics at the game, but then my battery died before I could get pics of the end of game celebration!  Here are a few:

Right after a header!

Taking a penalty kick

Can you see it?  Buried in the Net!  
Katie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments, so please share your thoughts with us! We do moderate all comments on this blog, so you might need to wait a few hours or a day to see your comment show up! We also have disallowed anonymous comments. We are just getting way too much spam.

Popular Posts