Then I tried it on B's locs. The first time I tried I used all of her hair and was going to do it just like the princess style - going into a low ponytail in the back. Well, B's locs are getting SO THICK that this came out looking HUGE sticking off the sides of her head. Although it was easy to do, I was not at all excited about how it looked. I don't have a pic of that though - sorry. So next I thought, maybe if I just used the top half of her hair and went into a half pony it would be better. Well, you can see from this pictures that it still came out a bit odd looking. Since she has a side part, the side with less hair looks really pretty. But the other side looks goofy. I think the braid needs to be down closer to her ear.
Overall - this was a fun new technique to try! And after I play around with it some more I am certain I will come up with a way to make it work on B. Stay tuned for an update on this style on both girls!