Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tidbit Tuesday

DID YOU KNOW???

Today I let G handle Tidbit Tuesday. It only took us about 6 takes to get it...plus it was way past her bedtime...hence the tangents and eye-rubbing.

She wants to talk to you all about STYLE for just a minute :) And some random comment about me warning against using hot oil on the head. I don't remember saying that, but....ok...DON'T use hot oil on the head. Unless it's not-so-hot. :)



It's true! Life got MUCH easier during our adjustment time when I stopped trying to control the clothing. When she was 4+ we would have battles in the morning about her not wanting to wear what I picked out, and one day I thought "why am I doing this?" The child has clothes on either way. She is happy with her choices. Let's call it good and go from there!

Do you have a headstrong child who wants to choose his or her own fashion, even at a young age? Do you let him or her? Even if the end result makes you slap your forehead?

2 comments:

  1. HA! Great post! And good job, G - you made me think. And, yes, my 1.5 year old clearly has ideas about what she wants to wear. I pick out her outfit the night before and dress her on the changing table in the morning. But when we go downstairs for shoes and jacket she will often say no to what I pick out of the pile of shoes, or take off the coat rack, and point to something else. So far, I've let her make those choices. I am hoping she lets me choose her clothes for a good while longer because I really do like putting her in cute matching outfits. When the day comes that she wants to walk out of the house in clashing colors or styles I'm going to have to hold myself back, for sure. But I don't want to squash her creativity and individuality so, G, I agree with you, and thank you for the younger person's point of view. LOVE your hair, girl! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our girls clothes sorted. Top drawer is school/town clothes, they can choose whatever they want out of that drawer to go out in public in. The next drawer is home clothes, I could care less if they wear that stuff at home. Third drawer is outfits to wear at home(pant shirt combos or skirts-basically anything not jean)
    Fourth drawer is jeans-to be warn with the first drawer only.
    Last drawer pajamas.

    I've been blissfully unfashion concerned since we did this! Socks and the rest are in the night stand drawers.
    Here she is headed to school with school clothes: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/wubyoumama/IMG_0671.jpg
    And on her own at home: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/wubyoumama/IMG_0666.jpg

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments, so please share your thoughts with us! We do moderate all comments on this blog, so you might need to wait a few hours or a day to see your comment show up! We also have disallowed anonymous comments. We are just getting way too much spam.

Popular Posts