Friday, July 15, 2011

Hair Wrapping with Embroidery Floss

Oh you guys - I am so excited about this!

It is EASY, EASY, EASY!  I have seen this done since I was a kid, but somehow I never knew that it was so simple to do.  I am even more excited to tell you that it is even EASIER to do on locs than on straight or loose hair because you can skip the first few steps of the process!  Just look how cute this looks with B's locs!


Not only is it easy, but it requires very few materials, is inexpensive and doesn't take too long to do!  It doesn't get much better than that!  This technique can be done on ANY hair type and on just about any length of hair.  As long as the hair is long enough to get a braid in, you can do this.


Little E - Little Braid

Cousin G
We wrapped V's box braid!
I have to give a shout out to our special guest, my niece, who helped us out with this video - Thanks G!  And Thanks to my sister who filled in as Camera Girl too!  I also can't neglect to give credit where it is due.  A friend of mine posted the written instructions for hair wrapping earlier this week on her cute blog, Practical Praise, and now I am obsessed!

The video explains it all.  So enjoy!



If you try this - PLEASE send us your pics or put them on our facebook page!!!!


Katie

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Are they hard to get out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alice - I have no idea! I did take one partially out and I was undoing the knots one at a time. It was a pain, but I was trying to preserve the floss to start over again. My friend said that you can snip the floss a bit at a time, so I will probably try that. CAREFULLY!!! But she said she leaves them in her girls hair all summer! So I probably won't remove them for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh!! i forgot all about this. i used to wear these in my hair all the time when i was a kid. i actually had a little machine type thingy that did it for me. i remember seeing it in the toy section when i was in 3rd grade and begged for it for months until i got it for christmas. this was very big for us kiddies back in the day. thanks for bringing back some good memories for me =)

    and they do look really cool on locs!

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments, so please share your thoughts with us! We do moderate all comments on this blog, so you might need to wait a few hours or a day to see your comment show up! We also have disallowed anonymous comments. We are just getting way too much spam.

Popular Posts